Monday, September 24, 2012

Golf Psychology Tips: The Secret to Your Success

So here’s the article you’ve been waiting for – I’m finally going to tell you the secret golf psychology tips you’ve been looking for all this time… Actually, no, sorry, I’m not. It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s just I’m not the expert you need. You see, I don’t know how you like to learn best or prepare for your best rounds. I don’t know how you like to play your best golf. I don’t know what makes you happy or confident or focused. I don’t know how you experience riding your “zone”, churning out great shots. I don’t know what you do to get there either. I don’t know how decide on your shots and to them through the shot. I don’t know how you picture shots, the clarity or content of those pictures. I don’t know how you speak to yourself or in what tone of voice when you’re on top of your game. I don’t know where in your body, the size, temperature, or anything else about the feelings you get when you’re “on it”. I don’t know how you best or recover from frustratingly poor shots. In fact, I don’t know much about your success at all!

I could end the article there, but fear you might simply carry on looking in the wrong places in search of other experts to tell you the real “secret”! But then, would they know how you do success any better? Be patient though – there is one expert I recommend you get in touch with.

Fortunately as a coach I can use some good generalizations about success that are common for everyone. For example,