Meditation brings the soul into harmony. It brings your life into harmony with itself and all around it. When then is it difficult to believe that it would help your sleep.
Meditation is an excellent practice that can help you fall asleep faster and improve the quality of sleep. You may also find that meditation helps you feel more refreshed with fewer hours of slumber. The following practices will encourage better sleep and bring you more energy.
Practices to Do Anytime
1. Breathe deeply. Breathing fully from your abdomen gets more oxygen to your brain. You’ll have more energy all day long and feel more relaxed when night falls.
2. Scan your body. Get in the habit of paying attention to your body. When you notice an ache or pain, you can adjust your position or talk with your doctor so small discomforts are treated before they build up and interfere with your sleep.
3. Become more mindful. Focusing on the present moment will help to keep you calm and happy. Studies show that multitasking may erode your concentration and create stress that can contribute to insomnia.
4. Let go of judgments. Meditation also helps to develop a mind free from judgment. Learn to observe your thoughts and reduce negative self-talk.
5. Identify obstacles. If some thoughts recur as you meditate, they could be trying to tell you something. Those nagging resentments or fears may be issues you need to resolve so you can live and sleep better.
6. Try Yoga or Tai chi. Exercises like Yoga or Tai chi are especially helpful when you approach them as a mental discipline as well as a physical workout. These movements and poses encourage deep breathing, stress reduction and enhanced concentration.
7. Use meditation to complement sleep.