There are yoga postures which help to calm of your mind and enhancing your power of concentration. Actually our mind wavers especially with too many distractions around us. When we do not have any control over our mind, it continues to be restless and flits from one thought to another. Regular practice of yoga helps to focus your mind and thus increasing your memory.
The yoga posture that will benefit you are :
Surya Namaskar (The Sun Salutation Pose):
There are 12 variations of poses. It is not only beneficial for the whole body but also improves the memory.
1. Stand straight. Bring your palms together in prayer position.
2 . Inhaling raise your arms over your head keeping your palms together.
3. Exhale and then bend forward until your hands can comfortably touch your feet.
4. Inhaling stretch your right leg back, arch back and lift your chin.
5. Exhaling stretch your left leg back into a plank position, keeping your spine and legs in a straight line and supporting your weight on your hands and feet.
6. Holding your breath, lower your knees, chest and forehead keeping your hips up and toes curling under.
7. Inhaling stretch forward and bend back, keeping your arms straight.
8. As you exhale, curl your toes and press down into your heels and lift your hips.
9. Inhale and move your left leg back with the top of your foot stretched out straight on the floor. Lift your chin and look up.
10. Exhale and then bend forward until your hands can touch your feet.
11. Inhale and stretch your arms forward and over your head. Gradually bend backwards from your waist.
12. Exhaling come back to the standing position.
Padmasana (The Lotus Pose)